Mac, 2012 Macbook Air
- Hazel - an active part of my paperless workflow. Watches a scan folder, triggers OCR, scans for certain criteria, renames and tags scans based on criteria.
- nvALT - repository for all my text notes. Has a “readlater” tag which functions as as a plain text read-later repository.
- TextExpander - what can I say? Used with Taskpaper to add tags and insert search strings; adds any number of work snippets to documents; adds weekly, monthly, quarterly lists to Taskpaper.
- Night Owl (was YoruFukurou) (Night Owl) - running it with tabs that contain lists/searches, all with mini view. Powerful. Best keyboard navigation of any Mac Twitter client that I’ve found.
- 1Password - solid password manager.
- DeltaWalker - compare volumes and files for additions, deletions, etc.
- Fluid.app - site-specific browser. I use this for sites I prefer do not track me such as Facebook.
- Keyboard Maestro - workflows triggered with keystrokes. I use this to intereact with my work VPN, trigger text manipulations with TextSoap (regex, etc).
- Quicksilver - a great and free launcher. Nice themes. Can trigger Applescript. Tried the others but this one is the best.
- PDFpen - for OCR triggered by Hazel after scanning with Scansnap
- BetterSnap Tool - love this for making windows 1/2, 1/3, full.
- Reeder - because RSS is still a great way to follow blogs and news
- Pinboard - what to say? …is great.
- Feedly - was using white theme in a Fluid instance but now they don’t play well together. Now using Reeder.
- Twitter - mostly dislike it these days, though
- Facebook - use it very little. Their privacy views are creepy.
- Dropbox - but have very little there because they hold the encryption keys (!) as far as I know.
No longer using
- Day One - they lost me when they didn’t attend properly to sync encryption when they moved sync to their own servers.
- Moleskine pocket soft cover notebooks, plain pages.
- Rhodia Reverse Book in black.
- Field Notes 80-page Steno Book
- App.net - shuttered
- Apple Watch - aggravating alerts on the wrist - sold
- iPad Mini 4 - sold, had too many devices, felt fragmented
- Taskmator - moved task management to paper / pen
- PDF Expert - using iCloud Files
- Mind Node
- Taskpaper on Mac (see Taskmator)
- BusyCal - nice calendar, too many taps, too many metadata fields
- FruitJuice - battery management - not conviced it helped
- Unread - just doing RSS and news on Mac only for sanity reasons
- Calvetica - favorite calendar - not working on iPhone X
- Leap - file manager, like icon views, reads tags from OS X, nvALT, Simplenote, DevonThink
- DevonThink Pro